- PhD Food Science and Technology, National University of Ireland
- Certified Diploma in Accounting and Finance, Chartered Association of Certified Accountants (ACCA), Scotland
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Environmental Protection, Sligo Institute of Technology, Ireland
- Higher Diploma in Safety, Health and Welfare at Work, National University of Ireland
- Certificate in Astronomy, University of Central Lancashire, UK
Dan is co-founder and CEO of EHA Soft Solutions Limited, a software, training and consulting company. Prior to his tenure at EHA Soft Solutions, Dan was a senior manager in industry implementing safety (OHSAS 18001, Quality (ISO 9001), Environmental (ISO 14001) and Food Safety (ISO22000) management systems to international standards. The roles involved registration to and compliance with the Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control (IPPC) and also top tier SEVESO requirements.
Dan is also on the Irish ISO committee for the new framework standard for Risk Management, ISO31000.