Dr. JOHN GALLAGHER
- MB BCh BAO, University College Cork (1979-1985)
- Diploma in Child Health RCPI (1987)
- Diploma in Obstetrics RCPI (1988)
- Membership of the Royal College of General Practitioners (Distinction) (1989)
- Master of Medical Science Occupational Health (and inaugural winner of the John Darwall Prize), University of Birmingham, Institute of Occupational Health (1990 –1991)
- Associate of the Faculty of Occupational Medicine (UK) (1991)
- Licentiateship of the Faculty of Occupational Medicine RCPI (1991)
- Membership of the Faculty of Occupational Medicine RCPI (1992)
- Fellowship of the Faculty of Occupational Medicine RCPI (1997)
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland (2005)
Dr. John Gallagher graduated from UCC Medical School in 1985. He received a Masters degree in
Occupational Health from the University of Birmingham in 1991 and was awarded the inaugural John Darwall Prize. He is a Fellow of the Faculty of Occupational Medicine, and a Fellow of the Royal
College of Physicians of Ireland. He is the Academic Director of the Diploma and Certificate Courses in Safety, Health and Welfare at Work in UCC. He has held a number of positions with the Faculty
of Occupational Medicine including Dean, Vice Dean, National Specialty Director, Specialist Trainer and Examiner.
John Gallagher is in full-time occupational medicine practice. He is Managing Director of Employment Health Advisers Ltd and is the Occupational Physician for the Health Services Executive South (Ireland). He lectures on occupational health for the Department of Epidemiology and Public Health on the Medical Student teaching programme and on the Masters in Occupational Health degree course at the National University of Ireland (Cork).