- BSc OSH Management
- Senior Risk Consultant, CMIOSH, Grad IFE, RSP
Sean Coleman is a senior consultant of 30 years' experience providing advice on risk management strategy, organizations' risk frameworks and related areas to a number of key public and private sector clients. He has extensive experience of processes and associated hazards over a wide range of industries and businesses including textile, ICT, pharmaceutical, chemicals, paper, food and drink, engineering, hotel and leisure etc. Sean has participated in several corporate audit programmes with Multinationals in Europe many of whom are listed in top 500 companies .He also led a major multi team risk audit of the Abu Dhabi Stock exchange development site in 2010.
Prior to founding CRC in 2012 Sean was Risk Consulting Practice leader for Marsh Ireland, and was previously employed with AIG Risk Consultants specialising in HPR (highly protected risks) type multinational clients. He has since extended his knowledge into the Health/safety/environmental and general risk management fields. He is fully conversant with UK and USA standards for fire protection systems. Has wide knowledge of Irish, UK and EU legislation/codes of practice across the operational and hazard risk spectrum.
His specialities include Management Systems including integrated, Accident/Incident Investigation, Environmental, and Emergency Response. Sean was involved in small team who drafted the national guidelines on the new international Risk Management Standard ISO 31000 published in 2010. He is a regular speaker at national level and has contributed technical/discussion papers to local journals.
Sean has developed Risk Management roundtables at national level and contributed technical/discussion papers to professional journals. Most recently he has completed complex emergency management and business continuity project for Paddy Power Plc.
On the subject matter of Risk Management Sean has delivered presentations in the past years to the following recipients:
• Institute of Chartered Accountants
• Irish Ports Chief Executive Forum
• Dublin City University MBS in Corporate Leadership –Risk Management
• Chartered Insurance Institute CPD Conference " Crisis Management"
• Health and Safety Lawyers Assoc. of Ireland - Harrassment and equality
• National Emergency Summit Croke Park
• Chartered Insurance Institute CPD Conference - "Flood Risk"
• Waste Management Forum - Fire Safety Management 2014
• IOSH ISO 31000 for Risk Professionals eastern annual conference 2013
Having set up the company in March 2012 we have successfully completed projects on a small and
larger scale for a range of companies including:
• Paddy Power Plc- Emergency- Management and Business Continuity
• Hendersons (Spar) Belfast - Ammonia Risk Assessment project
• ITW Hi-Cone Cork – Public Liability Risk Assessment
• Irish Cancer society – Emergency Planning and BCP
• Kayfoam Woolfson Ergonomic project.